Heating I Course description
The Heating I Course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to perform professional heating system inspections
Did you know?
The Heating I Course provides an introduction to residential heating systems, starting with a description of various fuels. The Course then focuses on the different types of furnaces and boilers. Students will get detailed instructions on operational tests, common failure modes and life expectancies of various systems are covered.
Within each section are several Study Sessions to guide you through the material. The Quick Quizzes will help you check your progress.
- Furnaces — Gas, Oil
- Meter, piping, tank, combustion air, burner, heat exchanger, controls, thermostat, venting system
- Distribution systems — ductwork, registers, grills, filter, air cleaner, humidifier, radiant heating system
- Furnaces — conventional, mid-efficiency, high efficiency/condensing
- Combination heating systems
- Hot Water Boilers
- Heat exchangers, controls, distribution systems, combination systems, mid- and high-efficiency boilers
- 39 hours
- One midterm and one final exam — online
- 70% passing grade overall
- $2995 for the full Program (all 10 Courses)
- Includes all learning materials, tests, exams, tutor support and ongoing postgraduate support
Explore the other Courses:
Roofing Structure Electrical Heating II Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps Plumbing Exterior Insulation & Interiors Communication & Professional Practice