Structure Course description
The Structure Course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to perform a professional inspection of the structure
Did you know?
In the Structure Course, all of the structural elements of a building from the footings and foundations to the floor, wall and roof assemblies are addressed in detail. Elements of good construction are illustrated, along with common failure modes and how to identify them.
The Study Sessions will help you make your way through the material. The Quick Quizzes will help you check your progress. Field Exercises are also included to help turn your knowledge into real-world experience.
- Footings and Foundations
- Basements, crawlspaces, slab on grade
- Footing and foundation types and problems
- Sills, columns, beams, joists, engineered wood, subflooring, concrete
- Wall Systems
- Solid masonry, wood frame, masonry veneer, arches and lintels
- Roof Framing
- Rafters, roof joists, ceiling joists
- Collar ties, knee walls, purlins
- Trusses, engineered wood, roof sheathing
- Seismic and wind resistance
- 42 hours
- One midterm and one final exam — online
- 70% passing grade overall
- $2995 for the full Program (all 10 courses)
- Includes all learning materials, tests, exams, tutor support and ongoing postgraduate support
Explore the other courses:
Roofing Electrical Heating I Heating II Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps Plumbing Exterior Insulation & Interiors Communication & Professional Practice